PDFill | Overview | First | Previous | Next | Last
PDF Document Management 17: FREE PDF Optimizer/Compressor Online Tools
PDF Document Management 17: FREE PDF Optimizer Desktop Tools
PDF Optimizer provides some settings for POSSIBLE reducing the size of PDF files with large size. The settings are comparable to the settings that are available when you create a PDF file using PDFill PDF Writer.
If PDF Optimizer doesn't work, open your PDF document inside Adobe Reader. Then, print into a new PDF using PDFill PDF Writer with PDF Optimization.
Batch (DOS) Command Support: You can start a batch job in Windows by issuing the execution command directly from the MS-DOS command prompt window without opening the PDFill GUI.
Here are the steps on how to use the PDF Optimizer:
1. Choose Document Menu > Select a File for More Operations >Free PDF Optimizer
2. Select a PDF to be optimized. The file size of the input file will be displayed.
3. Here is the dialog of Free PDF Optimizer's Properties:
PDF Output Settings: The default value is Prepress.
Screen: Produces a PDF optimized for screen viewing, which is low-resolution output similar to the Acrobat Distiller "Screen Optimized" setting. This configuration creates small PDF files and reduces image resolution to 72 dpi.
Ebook: Produces a PDF optimized for eBook usage, which is medium-resolution output similar to the Acrobat Distiller "eBook" setting. This configuration creates average-sized PDF files and compresses all images, optimizing the file for downloading and viewing on a variety of screens.
Printer: Produces a PDF optimized for printing to most home and office printers, which is similar to the Acrobat Distiller "Print Optimized" setting. This configuration creates high resolution PDF files, but does not embed fonts.
Prepress: Produces a PDF optimized for printing to commercial-quality printers, which is similar to Acrobat Distiller "Prepress Optimized" setting. This configuration creates large PDF files and will automatically embed all fonts and high resolution images for best results when printed on a system other than the one on which the PDF was generated.
Default: Produce a PDF intended to be useful across a wide variety of uses, possibly at the expense of a larger output file.
PDF Resolution (dpi): Sets the resolution for pattern fills and for fonts that must be converted to bitmaps. The default value is 300 dpi.
Max Inline Image Size (Bytes): Specifies the maximum size of an inline image, in bytes. For images larger than this size, GhostScript will create an XObject instead of embedding the image into the context stream. The default value is 4000. It may be advantageous to set a small value if the source document is expected to contain multiple identical images, reducing the size of the generated PDF.
Auto Rotate Pages: Controls the automatic orientation selection algorithm. There are 3 options: None Page, All Pages and Page by Page; the default is All Pages.
Process Color Model: Sets the color space to be used for device-dependent colors in the PDF output. There are 3 options: Device Gray, Device RGB, or Device CMYK; the default value is Device RGB.
Compress Embedded Fonts: Defines whether the embedded fonts will be compressed in the output. The default value is true; the false setting is intended only for debugging.
4. Click the button Optimize and save into a new PDF file. The output file size will be displayed after the optimization.
Batch (DOS) Command Support:
You can start a batch job in Windows by issuing the execution command directly from the MS-DOS command prompt window without opening the PDFill GUI.
(It is only available for the registered user of PDFill PDF Editor)
"C:\Program Files\PlotSoft\PDFill\PDFill.exe" Optimizer Input.pdf Output.pdf flagSettings Resolution MaxInlineImage AutoRotatePage ColorModel CompressFont
- flagSettings (integer): PDF Output Settings. Screen(0), Ebook(1), Printer(2), Prepress(3), Default(4)
- Resolution (integer): PDF Resolution (dpi). The default value is 300 dpi.
- MaxInlineImage (integer): Max Inline Image Size (Bytes). The default value is 4000.
- AutoRotatePage (integer): There are 3 options: None Page(0), All Pages(1), Page by Page(2). The default is All Pages (1).
- ColorModel (integer): There are 3 options: Device Gray(0), Device RGB(1), or Device CMYK (2). The default value is Device RGB(1).
- CompressFont (integer): Compress Embedded Fonts. 0 or 1. The default value is 1.
"C:\Program Files\PlotSoft\PDFill\PDFill.exe" Optimizer "D:\BatchTest\Input.pdf" "D:\BatchTest\output.pdf" 0 300 4000 1 1 1
PDFill Copyright © 2002-2018 by PlotSoft L.L.C.. All rights reserved.